At Les Mielles campsite, we offer a rich program of tourist, sporting and cultural activities, on the campsite and its surroundings, for young and old.
ON THE CAMPSITE
- 2 playgrounds
- 1 inflatable structure
- 1 TV room and games room
- Marcel petanque competition
- Welcome drinks in July and August
- Entertainment on the beach by the Association for Rescue and Safety Education (ASES) with above ground pool and games
- Surf casting for fans
Located on the GR223, also known as the “sentier des douaniers”, many hikes, bike rides or horseback rides are possible from the campsite. A binder is available at reception containing all the hiking trails in the area.
IN THE COMMUNE
- Discovery of the Neanderthal site in August with presentation in the village hall
- Discovery of the dunes
On the Terrain des Laguettes (500 meters from the campsite):
- Summer market on Wednesdays from 5 p.m.
- Body of water
- Picnic tables
- Snack bar: L’Amarre
- Fitness trail
- Fitness area
- Skate park
- City stadium
- Bird’s nest swing
- Equestrian center – Les Pieux (7 km)
- Sand yachting – Sciotot (8 km)
- Surf School “Le Vana Surf School” – Hatainville (10 km)
- COTACTIVE bike rental – Barneville (13 km)
- Walk with the Neire Mâove – Carteret (14 km)
- Departure for the Channel Islands from Diélette and Carteret (15 km)
- Golf – Saint-Jean-de-la-rivière (19 km)
- Equestrian center Lypca – Saint-Jean-de-la-rivière (19 km)
- Ludiver Planetarium – La Hague (25 km)
- La Cité de la Mer – Cherbourg-en-Cotentin (30 km)
- Forest Adventure – Saint-Sauveur-le-Vicomte (30 km)
- Paintball – Lessay (30 km)
Throughout the summer, every weekend, events of all kinds are also organized in the surrounding villages: markets, garage sales, typical festivals, concerts, etc.
Saint Martin animal park – Montaigu-la-Brisette (40 km)
15 hectare park located in the Normandy bocage near Valognes, you can see animals from the 5 continents.
River walks – Saint-Côme-du-Mont (55 km)
Throughout the year, boatmen take you on board their boat by reservation. You can rent electric boats and discover the marsh guinguette installed on the pier of Port Jourdan.
The parks and marshes of Cotentin – Carentan-les-Marais (55 km)
From spring, you can discover the Cotentin marshes in their green summer clothes. When the rainy season comes they turn white, covered by rainwater and become beautiful lakes where fish take the place of horses and other animals.
The landing beaches (80 km)
The landing beaches represent the five beaches where the Allies landed on June 6, 1944: Utah Beach; Omaha Beach; Gold Beach; Juno Beach and Sword Beach. Among the main ones are La Pointe du Hoc: the landing site, a strategic point on the Atlantic Wall stormed in the early morning by the Americans.
Tatihou Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site (80 km)
The island of Tatihou is located opposite the town of Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue. It can be reached on foot during high tides or by amphibious boat.
You will discover inside the fortress the gardens of Tatihou, the maritime museum and the ornithological reserve.
Mont-Saint-Michel (95 km)
The Caen Memorial (135 km)
A veritable museum of freedom and peace.